Lucky Penny News
Filtering by Tag: goat
- Heat oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat and add onions.
- Add salt so that onions will 'sweat.'
- Cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage, breaking up with the back of a spoon into very small pieces.
- When the sausage had just lost its pink color, add the apples. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are crisp-tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the honey and the goat cheese, stirring to thoroughly mix.
- Fill tart shells with mixture and serve warm.
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil or butter
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- ½ pound mild sausage
- 1 sweet cooking apple (such as Golden Delicious), peeled and diced small
- 4 oz. goat cheese (chevre)
- 2 tsp. honey
- Tostitos Scoops tortilla chips or other tart shells
Optional Garnish: If you want to create a fancy garnish for these tartlets, you can finish them with fried sage leaves. Heat 1/3 cup olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Test the oil temperature by placing one sage leaf in the oil – if it sizzles, the oil is ready. Drop 1/3 cup whole fresh sage leaves into the oil. Cook until the leaves are speckled and begin to turn very dark green. Scoop out the leaves and let them drain on a paper towel.